Singapore Shrimp w/ Veggie noodles
If you follow my Instagram Stories you already know I'm 100% obsessed with my Inspiralizer. Ali over at Inspiralized is my total veggie noodle hero. I have been playing with fun new recipes lately that are a perfect fit for our Nutrition 101 course & this has turned out to be a fan favorite!
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. coconut aminos, divided use
2 cup water
1 tsp. coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 tsp. rice vinegar
1.5 tsp. sesame oil, divided use
1 large diameter carrot
1 red or yellow bell pepper
1 large zucchini
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1lb jumbo shrimp, deveined & peeled
1 tsp. sesame seeds
OPTIONAL: 1 (7-oz.) bag shirataki noodles, drained, rinsed under hot water
1. Combine 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos, water, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, vinegar, and 1 tsp. oil in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Put raw shrimp in sauce to marinate while you prepare the rest of the recipe. Set aside.
2. Spiralize all veggies using a veggie noodle maker of choice (my personal choice is the Inspiralizer). If you need a tutorial on how to spiralize veggies check out Ali's YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepH9QqA5ww 3. Saute spiralized noodles in sesame oil until crisp tender, remove from pan.
3. In same pan, add eggs; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Add vegetables and shrimp/sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until skillet is almost dry & shrimp are all pink.
5. Top with sesame seeds, remaining 1 tsp. aminos, and remaining ¼ tsp. oil; enjoy!