In case you haven't noticed, the instant pot is still totally rocking my world. I loved that last night I could pop that bad boy open and in an hour have amazing homemade soup with NO preserved ingredients. I've made this recipe lots of times in the crockpot but have been working on my Instant Pot conversions and made this one perfect the first time.
1 quart water
1 quart chicken broth 2 cups, dried, 15 bean soup mix (or great white northern beans), no need to soak, just rinse) 2 Medium carrots, roughly chopped 2 ribs celery, roughly chopped ½ large yellow onion, roughly chopped 2 tsp onion salt 2 large handfuls of kale 2 cloves of garlic minced 20oz frozen chicken
Instant Pot Directions:
1. Rinse beans
2. In the Instant Pot add the water, broth, chicken, beans, carrots, celery, onion, and salt. Mix together well and cook on Manual for 22 mins, natural release. 3. Take out chicken breasts, shred, mix back in soup.
4. Sauté kale in garlic and add to soup. Mix and serve, 1 ½ cup per serving.
1. Soak your beans, preferably overnight.
2. Drain and rinse beans
3. In a large crockpot add the water, chicken, beans, carrots, celery, onion, and salt. Mix together well and cook for 8 hours
4. Take out chicken breasts, shred, mix back in soup.
5. Sauté kale in garlic and add to soup. Mix and serve, 1 ½ cup per serving.
For my 21 Day Fixers: (1 red, 2 greens, 1 yellow) **photo cred: Pinterest**