2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp cornmeal
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/2 tsp baking powder, gluten-free
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg white (2 tbsp.)
4 (4-oz. each) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 tbsp EVOO
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Toast pinenuts. Place toasted pine nuts and cornmeal in food processor (or blender); cover. Pulse until finely ground.
Combine pine nut mixture, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and cheese in a shallow dish; mix well. Set aside.
Combine buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish; whisk to blend.
Dip each chicken breast into the buttermilk mixture; dredge in pine nut mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over med-high heat until fragrant.
Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken.
Place skillet in oven; bake for 10 to 12 minutes. or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast reads 165 degrees F.
2 cups oat flour (grind raw oats in a blender or food processor to make flour)
2 Tbsp. groud flaxseeds
3/4 cup vanilla Shakeology powder
1 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetend almond milk
4 large egg whites (3/4 cup) beaten to form stiff peaks
1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Nonstick cooking spray
Pure maple syrup or local honey
1) Preheat waffle iron
2) Combine oat flour, flaxseeds, Shakeology, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3) Combine extract,and almond milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
4) Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture; whisk gently just until a smooth batter forms.
5) Gently fold in egg whites.
6) Cook 2/3 cup batter in a preheated waffle iron; lightly coated with cooking spray, for approximately 3-5 minutes )or according to specifications of your particular model, or until crisp and golden brown.
7) Place each waffle on a serving plate, top with maple syrup or honey and enjoy!
* To be more efficient, make waffles in larger batches and freeze leftovers. Reheat individually by placing in a toaster. Original recipe should yield 12 waffles depending on the size of your iron.
*The key to light, crispy waffles is to use the Belgian technique. Beat your egg whites to form stiff peaks in a separate bowl; fold them into the batter just before cooking. SERVING SIZE: 21 day fix portions: 1.5 red, 1yellow, 1/2 blue = 1 4oz piece of chicken & 1 waffle w/ drizzle of honey or maple syrup